[Samba] User mapping?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Aug 8 07:44:05 UTC 2020

On 07/08/2020 22:36, Nick Howitt via samba wrote:
> Has something changed again? I know Windows messed things up around
> the 1803 release, but I thought NT4 domains worked without enabling
> SMBv1 in Win10. They did appear to work when I last checked some
> months ago.

You must be lucky, I cannot get them to work unless I set 'server max
protocol = NT1'

We are starting to deprecate a few of the parameters required for
NT4-style domains. Deprecation is our way of saying 'Do not use these
parameters, they are going away'. One of the parameters slated for
deprecation is 'domain logons' which is set to 'no' by default.

Rowland