[Samba] Group issues on AD DC, membership does not work on some users

Oleg Blyahher oleg.blyahher at bluetest.se
Wed Apr 22 10:48:13 UTC 2020

Thank you so much for the prompt response and the valuable comments.

We are using a pretty much unmodified Zentyal installation, which in its
own turn sets everything up for a Samba DC. It might be a good idea for
us to move away from that, if Zentyal uses an EOL-version of Samba..

You were absolutely right about the sign-in part! Almost all of us work
from home in these special days, so there are hardly any sign-ons to the
DC itself. People take their computers home and use cached credentials.

Your questions regarding the smb.conf are really good. Unfortunately, I
have no clue why Zentyal thought that would be a good idea :) I will
comment out the lines you've mentioned and see what happens :D

Thank you once again.

Oleg