[Samba] Join new DC to domain - advice to upgrade Samba 4.

Daniel Lopes de Carvalho daniel at cepetro.unicamp.br
Tue Apr 7 19:12:48 UTC 2020

No, there is no firewall... They are on the same network without any
blocking...

Let me tell you a little about my scenario...

When I installed Samba4 as my main AD (2018), I had ADC01 that was my
primary DC and after I joined the ADC02 without any problem. And in the
beginning of 2019, I joined a Windows Server 2008 R2 as my ADC03. All of
them worked well until (around a year) I had a hardware problem with ADC01
that I had to exec offline demote.

After this problem, ADC03 is unable to sync with ADC02. I have uninstalled
AD on ADC03 and tried to install it again but without sucess. Then I tried
this new DCS01 and here I'm...

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 3:56 PM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 07/04/2020 15:59, Daniel Lopes de Carvalho wrote:
> > Hi Rowland,
> >
> > I'll consider the update. But I need to backup this host (adc02)
> > before, because it the only and the main DC on my network... =(
> >
> > Find attached below the output of the script:
> >
> Nothing wrong there, is a firewall running on either machine ?
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Daniel Lopes de
Carvalhohttp://www.unisim.cepetro.unicamp.brdaniel@cepetro.unicamp.br