[Samba] Upgraing a DC using the 'DC rejoin' method

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 11:34:29 UTC 2019

I used the DC rejoin method as described in the WiKi to upgrade one of my DCs to version 4.11.0.   Following the steps, when I came
to rejoin the domain, it initially failed, complaining that the DC already existed, but to force the rejoin, remove the files:
secrets.ldb and secrets.tdb.   I assume you don't demote the DC before the upgrade, as there's no mention of this?   Anyway, I
removed (actually renamed to .bak) those files and also smb.conf and repeated the rejoin command.    This time it succeeded and
after correcting errors with samba-tool dbcheck for the new join all looks OK.

Does the WikI need updating or did I miss something?

Thanks,
Roy