[Samba] Change in behaviour for the "%U" substitution in 4.10.8?

gac gac at tutanota.com
Tue Sep 17 10:49:21 UTC 2019

This is unfortunately still happening - anyone else have any other ideas?

As a reminder/summary of the information from earlier in the thread;

- My [homes] share is "path = /shares/DOMAIN/%U"
- I am logging into a Windows 7 client as "DOMAIN\username"
- My log.smbd shows "canonicalize_connect_path failed for service username, path /shares/DOMAIN/domain_username" (where DOMAIN is the domain name with upper-case letters, domain is the domain name with lower-case latters)
- this issue is affecting two shares in total which use the %U substitution, both are showing the same error. Any shares which use fixed paths are fine, as expected
- this only seemed to start happening when I upgraded to 4.10.8 from Louis van Belle's repo; I did not see the problem with the 4.10.7 packages from the same repo. Unfortunately the repo removes old versions of packages so I can't roll back to 4.10.7 as a reproduction or workaround

I'd appreciate any more tips, thank you!

6 Sep 2019, 11:53 by samba at lists.samba.org:

> I hadn't, but I did that just now; still the same behaviour.
>
> 6 Sep 2019, 11:49 by samba at lists.samba.org:
>
>> Have you tried running
>>
>> net cache flush
>>
>> after you have removed the SERVER lines from you config?
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> Am 06.09.19 um 12:33 schrieb gac via samba:
>>
>>> I've now changed the ownership to root, as you suggest.
>>>
>>> I've removed the ACLs from /shares/DOMAIN - they don't need to be there as anyone can enter this directory already so there's no need for them.
>>>
>>> The ACLs on my individual home directory:
>>>
>>> root at server:/shares# getfacl /shares/DOMAIN/username
>>> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
>>> # file: shares/DOMAIN/username
>>> # owner: username
>>> # group: domain\040users
>>> user::rwx