[Samba] Change in behaviour for the "%U" substitution in 4.10.8?

gac gac at tutanota.com
Fri Sep 6 10:33:56 UTC 2019

I've now changed the ownership to root, as you suggest.

I've removed the ACLs from /shares/DOMAIN - they don't need to be there as anyone can enter this directory already so there's no need for them.

The ACLs on my individual home directory:

root at server:/shares# getfacl /shares/DOMAIN/username
# file: shares/DOMAIN/username
# owner: username
# group: domain\040users
user::rwx
user:www-data:--x
group::---
mask::r-x
other::---

Still no joy, and the logs are still showing:

canonicalize_connect_path failed for service username, path /shares/DOMAIN/domain_username

Thanks for all your advice so far but I still don't believe this is a permissions problem, Samba is trying to access a directory which simply does not exist, and never has existed...
6 Sep 2019, 11:19 by samba at lists.samba.org: