[Samba] security = ads parameter not working in samba 4.9.5

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Nov 29 12:12:35 UTC 2019

On 29/11/2019 11:58, Sac Isilia wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> The line 60 contains "{" in the script. The exit 1 statement is on
> line number 58. Am I missing something?

Hmm, just checked again:

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

And weirdly, the two blanks lines at 45 & 47 disappear in you cut and
paste that page, so line 60 becomes line 58, To ensure you comment the
correct line it is the 'exit 1' line here:

if [ "${?}" -ge 1 ]
then
     {
     echo "WARNING: kinit Administrator will fail and this needs to be
fixed first."
     echo "unable to verify DNS kerberos._tcp SRV records"
     echo " "
     echo "$(nslookup -type=SRV _kerberos._tcp.${DOMAIN})"
     }  >> $LOGFILE
     exit 1
else

The lines do not disappear if you cut & paste the 'raw' output.

Rowland