[Samba] moved DM config to new server : gids different etc

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 26 17:42:19 UTC 2019

On 26/11/2019 17:21, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
> Am 26.11.19 um 17:37 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
>
>> How about 'getent group Domain\ Users' ?
> no result = empty reply
Then there is something wrong, something isn't set correctly, I take it
you replaced 'Domain\ Users' with its German equivalent.

> The "admin" there is able to access stuff and reset his ACLs already.
How ? if 'getent' isn't working.

> So ... things work so far. thanks.
>
> I will consider the config Louis suggested ... but not now
No, 'rid' should work as before, all you really need to backup on a Unix
domain member is the shares and the smb.conf, all the users & groups are
stored on the DC.

> (my reply was rejected by some samba-ml-SMTP-server ... another problem)

Strange, it didn't reach moderation.

Can you download this:

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Run it on the Unix domain member and paste the output into a post.

Rowland