[Samba] How to automatically store the macAddress in AD

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Mon Mar 18 08:16:01 UTC 2019

Hi Pierre,

> Does someone know a way to automatically store the hwaddress in the AD?
> I'm using Veyon in my school to manage the students PCs and if the hwadress
> is populated in the AD, the Room configuration can be set with AD otherwise
> i have to manage rooms manually.
> I'm using samba4 with bind and isc-dhcp-server are on the same server.
> Can we use scripts or some ways?

There is nothing to do that directly integrated in Samba-AD. If you have
WAPT installed on your network, you should check the following thread on
the WAPT mailing list, the exact same topic on configuring Veyon and
macAddress was covered with a simple solution (as long as you have WAPT
installed):
https://lists.tranquil.it/pipermail/wapt/2019-January/003034.html

Cheers,

Denis