[Samba] Samba and logwtatch

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 18 14:17:19 UTC 2019

On 18/07/2019 15:02, Edouard Guigné via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have install logwatch on my linux samba server (centos 7), but I did
> not get any informations in logwatch reports about samba.
> As if /var/log/samba/*.log were not parses by logwatch...
>
> In my smb.conf, I have :
> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>
> In /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/samba.conf, I have :
> LogFile = samba-log.*
> LogFile = samba/*.log
>
> What I should change in
> /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/samba.conf to parse samba
> logs ?

You should change the mailing list ;-)

Try here: https://sourceforge.net/p/logwatch/mailman/

logwatch has nothing do with Samba, so we know nothing about it and it
sounds like your logwatch conf files are not setup correctly, so the
best idea would be to ask the experts, the people who write logwatch.

Rowland