[Samba] messy replication

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 16 15:18:18 UTC 2019

There is nothing wrong with the official Debian package, except you will miss important bugfixes,
and these are included in the lastest builds on my repo.

What you can do.
1) search for latest wheezy packages of samba. The wheezy old old older backport had 4.1.x
2) build youself.  Needed: https://github.com/thctlo/samba-wheezy
This shows all the packages you need, from a fellow list user Achim.

That brings you to 4.6.7, correct all needed smb.conf settings and less is better..
Then setup upgrade to jessie, now you can upgrade to 4.7 through my repo.
Then upgrade to stretch, you upgrade to 4.8.x. through my repo.
Now upgrade to buster and upgrade to 4.9.5

Im my optionion the safest upgrade path.

I dont recommend upgrading from wheezy to buster, use the steps in between.

In you case, i would fix DC1 so it runs perfect, then add a new version and move fsmo roles.

So far,

Greetz,

Louis