[Samba] CTDB Samba 4.10 example?

Sascha Brutscher sascha.brutscher at medicomp.de
Tue Jul 9 12:35:23 UTC 2019

Hi there,

I use Samba 4.9 since its releaseday and also had some troubles first due to the lack of informations in the wiki.
Anyways... after some try & error i got it working and since i run the Cluster (non-production environment) had no errors except CTDBs monitoring of the Samba process did'nt work as i would expect it
(RPC-Server was dead but CTDB did'nt complain and "ctdb scriptstatus" shown "50.Samba - OK")
so there could be a little misconfiguration in my following advices couse i did'nt look further into it yet.

Anyways... heres what i did:

## IN /etc/ctdb/script.options
## (this was the most tricky thing for me since i use the sernet build)
| CTDB_SAMBA_SKIP_SHARE_CHECK=yes # For me this is needed couse of the use of the vfs_glusterfs module. You may not need it.
| CTDB_SERVICE_NMB=sernet-samba-nmbd
| CTDB_SERVICE_SMB=sernet-samba-smbd
| CTDB_SERVICE_WINBIND=sernet-samba-winbindd

## IN /etc/ctdb/commands.sh
| ctdb event script enable legacy 50.samba
| ctdb event script enable legacy 49.winbind

## IN /etc/ctdb/ctdb.conf
| [cluster]
|        recovery lock = /pathTo/your/.ctdb/lockfile

## IN /etc/ctdb/nodes you only have to add your heartbeat IPs
HeartbeatIPofNode1
HeartbeatIPofNode2
HeartbeatIPofNode3
HeartbeatIPofNodeN
# EXAMPLE:
| 192.168.2.111
| 192.168.2.112

## IN /etc/ctdb/public_addresses
FirstPublicIP/CIDR INTERFACE
SecondPublicIP/CIDR INTERFACE
ThirdPublicIP/CIDR INTERFACE
# EXAMPLE:
| 192.168.1.111/30 ens160
| 192.168.1.112/30 ens160

I hope this will help you getting your cluster to work.

Regards
Sascha Brutscher