[Samba] cannot set filesystem permissions on shares

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jul 5 09:02:46 UTC 2019

Hai Pisch,

Yes, there is an repo for Debian Buster. I have not published it yet but if you want you can use it set up test environment.
As it says on the apt.van-belle.nl site. ;-)

Debian (10) Buster:
Per 28-June 2018 in buster-experimental repo, when released to the public it will be this repo.
Samba 4.10 is repo name : buster-samba410, current package list is empty

You can test the debian buster samba 4.10.5 packages (amd64 only).
These are still experimental and should not yet be used in production but you can test them out.
You can find them link below in the experimental section, repo set for this below.

These are marked as experimental because buster is not release. Things can change a bit so use with care.
These packages have/are the same as the Debian Stretch 4.10 packages, use these for a production setup.

----------- THE REPO SETUP ---------------
1) Choose http or https for you apt, both work, for https you need to :
apt-get install apt-transport-https

2) Import my public key
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

3) (optional) setup a header line for the repo file.
echo "# AptVanBelle repo for samba." | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

4) Debian BUSTER with samba 4.10 EXPERIMENTAL
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian buster-experimental main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

4) Debian STRETCH with samba 4.10 PRODUCTION
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian stretch-samba410 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Greetz,

Louis