[Samba] Add linux group to windows AD group

Mark Amundsen amundsmark at mail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:22:36 UTC 2019

Hello

I have a fileserver running samba 4.9.4 that is a member in an AD. The backup tool I am using is running as a linux user that is a member of linux group 'disk'. I'd like to add the group disk to a windows AD group 'backup' which have read access to the share. I am thinking that it is easier to manage the share from one point and that being the windows tool. I have only found a way to do the opposite.

Is it possible or is my approach wrong? If so, how should I do it?

-Mark-