[Samba] gpo not applied a boot computer

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Feb 26 16:59:34 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 17:42:23 +0100
David Jehin <bedou210977 at gmail.com> wrote:

> compiled samba version : 4.8.5  and my distribution is: debian
> stretch 9.6

How did you compile Samba ?
Did you just compile it with './configure' or did you create your
own .debs ?
I ask this because of '/var/lib/samba/private/secrets.keytab'
Normally if you just compiled Samba it goes into /usr/local/samba
unless you set a prefix, so I would have expected something
like /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.keytab.

Are you also aware that you can find Debian Samba packages here:

http://apt.van-belle.nl/

Is Apparmor running and blocking access to the keytab ?

Have you tried running some of the basic tests on both DC's ?

samba-tool dbcheck

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba-tool_ldapcmp

Rowland

>I said that when I join the domain, restarting the
> machine takes the GPO, the other restart does not take the gpo
> computer. Thanks for your help

Not entirely sure what the above means, is it that a GPO is applied to
one computer but not another, or only one GPO is applied but another
isn't.

Rowland