[Samba] Active Directory one Client with multiple IP addresses

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:20:29 UTC 2019

> and have nslookup yield the one of the working/connected ip
> address or say first working if only 1 is connected?
> --

>> If the pc is domain join it "should" update is own dns record of done by
the DHCP server.
So normaly your not simultaneously connected.

Do you mean DHCP server integration with SAMBA BIND9? I have read and
configured this on roll my own SAMBA servers that I can control with all
levers at my disposal with the security keys... commercial products with
SAMBA integration do not expose all levers.  This in fact should be part of
the GPL IMO.  Give users not only access to the source, but provide them
with unfettered access to control the software.

It is not clear to me how DHCP and AD integrate.  Currently I have clients
issued assigned fixed IPs by DHCP to get around this.