[Samba] Unable to join to a SAMBA4 domain

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:18:29 UTC 2019

El mar., 5 feb. 2019 a las 17:52, Rowland Penny via samba (<
samba at lists.samba.org>) escribió:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 17:27:08 -0300
> Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Rowland,
> >
> > Centos files:
> >
> > /etc/hostname
> > tiny-fishwife.example.com
>
> It should be just the short hostname 'tiny-fishwife'
> >
> > /etc/hosts
> > 127.0.0.1       localhost       localhost.localdomain
>
> Where does this mythical 'localdomain' come from ?
> That was a rhetorical question, it should just be:

Really I don't know,  many distros uses by default

> > /etc/krb5.conf
> > includedir /etc/krb5.conf.d/
> > includedir /var/lib/sss/pubconf/krb5.include.d/
>
> The above two lines are probably a large part of your problem,
> krb5.conf needs only to be this:
>
> [libdefaults]
>     default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM
>     dns_lookup_kdc = true
>     dns_lookup_realm = false
>
> > smb.conf
> > [global]
> > workgroup = EXAMPLE.COM
> > server string = NethServer 7.6.1810 final (Samba %v)
> > security = ADS
> > realm = EXAMPLE.COM
> > kerberos method = secrets and keytab
> > netbios name = TINY-FISHWIFE
>
> Ah, you seem to be planning on using sssd, we do not support sssd.

Good to know it. What should we use instead? winbind?

In connection with /etc/hostname I agree with you but some distros use the
fqdn in /etc/hostname and also we have tools that :-/
Thanks for yout help

Rowland

> --

Sergio Belkin