[Samba] Samba group duplicated

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 29 13:06:21 UTC 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018 14:40:58 +0200
Rafał Sanocki <rafal.sanocki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	unix extensions = no
> 	for symlinks
>
> 	security = user
> 	samba dc is fileserver too
>
> where do You found this info is slowing down ?

From reports on this mailing list. If you have those lines in smb.conf,
then ALL they do is make 'getent passwd' or 'getent group' show all
users and groups AND slow things down. They are not needed, 'getent
passwd ausername' will show the info for the user and everything else
will just work.

> This is after update default config
>
> [netlogon]
>           path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/i.mp.pl/scripts
>           read only = No
> [sysvol]
>           path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
>           read only = No
>
> Thx for correct my config.
>

> i found this toturial, now i need to change xidNumber to 40000?
>
> https://techblog.devlat.eu/2017/02/04/gid-of-the-domain-users-resetting-to-100-with-a-samba-ad-dc/

Well you could do that, but that is a botch, if you want my advice, do
not mess with idmap.ldb

Rowland Penny : Samba team member