[Samba] RSAT Hang

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon May 21 18:58:14 UTC 2018

Hi Gregory,

On the questions.
> Is there a good reason to avoid Samba internal DNS?
No, imo not, but i only use bind9_dlz because i need bind in my lan for other setups also.

I just used my RSAT on my win7 64b, but at my point it works fine.

I do have questions to get a better impression of the setup.
Whats the os your using with RSAT and did u use DOM\Administrator or an other account?
Check if Adminsitrator has id 0. (root)

Is there anything showing up in the windows event logs?

Are the SePrivileges checked if the needed groups/users exists?
I use this script to check this, it shows the seprivileges.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-SePrivileges.sh

Which shows on my DC's.
SeMachineAccountPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeBackupPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Backup Operators
  BUILTIN\Administrators
  BUILTIN\Server Operators
SeRestorePrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Backup Operators
  BUILTIN\Administrators
  BUILTIN\Server Operators
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
  BUILTIN\Server Operators
SePrintOperatorPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
SeAddUsersPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeSecurityPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeSystemtimePrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
  BUILTIN\Server Operators
SeShutdownPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Print Operators
  BUILTIN\Backup Operators
  BUILTIN\Administrators
  BUILTIN\Server Operators
SeDebugPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeSystemProfilePrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeLoadDriverPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Print Operators
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeCreatePagefilePrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
  BUILTIN\Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access
SeUndockPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeManageVolumePrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeImpersonatePrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeCreateGlobalPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators
SeEnableDelegationPrivilege:
  NTDOM\Domain Admins
  BUILTIN\Administrators

Have you setup samba with a higher debug level also, that might show whats missing/going wrong.

A few things to check, this is ofent a right whats missing somewhere.

Greetz,

Louis