[Samba] move from netatalk to samba + vfsfruit

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 17 15:01:57 UTC 2018

Am 17.05.2018 um 16:56 schrieb Ralph Böhme:
> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 04:49:11PM +0200, Reindl Harald via samba wrote:

>>> sure, that's exactly the problem that the above hack is trying to solve.

>>> That would be possible. The only problem with this would be that dbd can't
>>> detect had been run before to fix this, so every time you run it, you would
>>> extend the xattrs by one byte. :) dbd could add a marker to every file, but I'm
>>> not sure how clever a idea that is
>>
>> why? by read the existing xattr it should be pretty clear if it is in
>> the new or old format
>
> no

may i ask why given that vfs_fruit is much newer then netatalk it did
not reuse the existing format of netatalk then instead a changed one
then with a new option adopted by netatalk leading in the current mix?

"dbd" at least should have introduced a command line option to convert
the existing stuff with a onetime run

* close 548 on the firewall
* update netatalk
* add the new option