[Samba] sysvol files - 'The data area passed to a system call is too small'

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:26:19 UTC 2018

On 29 April 2018 at 08:00, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> I feel I should point out that there is work ongoing to make all the
> different ways of syncing sysvol obsolete, DSFR is coming to Samba AD.

Thank you, Rowland - that is really good news indeed, it has been a problem
for me (and presumably others) for quite some time as I think we already
know :)

I would love to help with DFS-R development although I'm not exactly sure I
can (I haven't done any Samba development so far) .. but I certainly want
to help bring this in if I can. At least, I can offer support, good wishes,
encouragement and of course testing. Do you know if it's something likely
to come 'soon' (months) or 'later' (years), perhaps?

Thanks :)

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"