[Samba] sysvolreset - open: error=40 (Too many levels of symbolic links)

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:51:37 UTC 2018

Hello Louis,

I use your apt for samba. Great works btw!! :D

root at dc3:/etc/samba# samba -V
Version 4.7.3-Debian

root at dc3:/etc/samba# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release: 9.2
Codename: stretch

Did you upgrade, if so, from .. To ...  Samba version ?

No upgrades.

And why was running : samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset needed?

I tried the sysvolreset, as I applied a gpo to a printer deploy, but it did
not appear to the user. I did as I always did and it worked, but this time
it failed.

Elias Pereira