[Samba] Samba 4.3 ldapsearch response time > 5 secs.

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Mar 5 21:36:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

User issues should generally go to samba at lists.samba.org which I've cc'd.

How large is your database/how many users do you have? Is it still slow
if you reverse the search expression
(&(sAMAccountName=XXXX)(objectClass=person))? There have been a large
number of performance improvements made since 4.3, so upgrading to the
latest versions might be a good idea before any additional investigation.

Cheers,

Garming