[Samba] Fwd: Migrating server

Rob Thoman emailthomasrob at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:05:36 UTC 2018

Yes please for the notes.

I re-ran the tests without the smbldap-tools. I installed phpldapadmin and
am able to login to the apache page using the cn=admin, dn=mydomain and
create entries. This kind of tells me that LDAP is working

Then I run the pdbedit -Lv and it lists all the users.

The following happens when I add the LDAP bits to smb.conf and restart
samba.The issue seems to be with samba and ldap intergration. Just to
re-iterate we have samba 3.6. The following errors keeps coming up.

pdbedit -Lv
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching
for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=MYDOMAIN))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
add_new_domain_info: failed to add domain dn=
sambaDomainName=MYDOMAIN,dc=mydomain with: Invalid DN syntax
        invalid DN
smbldap_search_domain_info: Adding domain info for MYDOMAIN failed with
NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
domain
pdb_init_ldapsam: Continuing on regardless, will be unable to allocate new
users/groups, and will risk BDCs having inconsistent SIDs

         obey pam restrictions = no
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://sam3dc.mydomain/
    ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=mydomain
  ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
  ldap idmap suffix = ou=Users
  ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
  ldap passwd sync = yes
    ldap suffix = dc=mydomain
  ldap user suffix = ou=Users
ldap ssl = off
ldap passwd sync = yes

/etc/ldap/ldap.conf
BASE    dc=mydomain
URI     ldap://sam3dc.mydomain ldap://sam3dc.mydomain:666