[Samba] User cannot log on from this workstation. Error 2240

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Wed Jun 20 15:13:28 UTC 2018

Hello Samba Team,

I faced an issue to allow a user to connect a samba share at windows
Logon and if I tried with "net use S: \\sambashare /user:DOMAIN\user passwd.
I get the following error :
"User cannot log on from this workstation. Error 2240"

It happens only with this user, because with others accounts I can
connect to the share without error.

Windows client is Windows 10 pro 1703 configured with an Old Style NT4
Samba 3.5.6, the workstation is joined in the samba "NT4" domain.

Best Regards,

Ed