[Samba] DM 3.6.25 -> 4.x

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Jul 2 10:23:57 UTC 2018

Am 2018-07-02 um 12:14 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

>> I remove only the 1st line or both?
>>
>> dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>> kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>
> Both

done

>> Restart services? Reload/SIGHUP only?
>
> Try a reload first.

done

... waiting for the clients to test now.

So far I see no more ugly "gss ... 277" messages in log.smbd since the
change. Ah, and while I type that ... they return.

>> additional issue/question:
>>
>> the Server itself is called "samba" and has an netbios alias
>> "u1customer"
>>
>> The GPOs all point at "u1customer" ... do we have to specifically
>> announce/register that 2nd name in ADS somehow?
>
> I think you will have to create a CNAME record in DNS.

OK, told the DC-admin to check that.

Yesterday only one of the DCs returned a correct DNS-resolution, that
has to be corrected IMO.

To explain: the former admin has left the company and we have to
"reverse engineer" his setup in a way ;-)

thanks for helping