[Samba] Issues accessing ZFS-shares on Linux

John Doe aurinko at asauna.io
Wed Jan 10 02:51:23 UTC 2018

I just noticed that by running by commands /usr/sbin/smbd -D or
/usr/sbin/smbd -i without systemd's unit, all shares work perfectly so
the problem must then be somehow related to systemd.. Let the testing
continue..

I also tested what happens if I comment out everything and just use
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/smbd -D as that command worked on the console. That
did not help.

For the record, this is the default unit-file:
[Unit]
Description=Samba SMB Daemon
Documentation=man:smbd(8) man:samba(7) man:smb.conf(5)
After=network.target nmbd.service winbind.service

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/var/run/samba/smbd.pid