[Samba] samba 4.7.5 and db replication ( refering to closed bug : 13228 )

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Wed Feb 7 12:28:19 UTC 2018

Am 07.02.2018 um 13:07 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Hai,
>
> Question..
>
> 2 DC's.  ( debian stretch samba 4.7.5 ) .
>
> DC1 upgraded,  ( DC with FSMO roles)
>
> samba-tool dbcheck --fix
> samba-tool dbcheck --cross-nc --fix
>
> That fixed on DC1  6 errors.
> samba-tool drs showrepl show no error.
>
> login on DC2. upgraded.
> samba-tool drs showrepl show no error and is in sync.
> samba-tool dbcheck --fix  shows 16 errors
>
> uhm, synced, but not synced..
>
> from DC1,
>

> samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com
>
> again DC2
> samba-tool dbcheck --fix  shows 11 errors
> so resync fixed 5 errors.
>
> so i did a
> samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com --full-sync
>
> checked DC2 again, still 11 errors?
>
> Rowland, if you have a system with errors, can you check this also.
> because if this keeps out of sync its imo a bug in drs replication.
>
> or just run the samba-tool dbcheck also on dc2.
> I preffer a correct sync..  ;-)
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

I think dbcheck detects lower level errors in the ldb database which
must be corrected on every dc.
I've seent this often in the past with pointer to deleted object for
example.
As far as i understand ad such (deleted for example) elements do not get
replicated but get deleted on each dc once they expired.