[Samba] samba 4.9 AD trusted domain

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 24 14:58:26 UTC 2018

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 20:13:52 +0530
VigneshDhanraj G via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> upgraded samba from 4.7.7 to 4.9.3
>
> While listing AD trusted domain i got the following changes from
> samba 4.7 to 4.9.
>
> samba 4.9:wbinfo -m --verbose
>
> BUILTIN
> Local
> Domain Name     DNS
> Domain                                                       Trust
> Type Transitive  In   Out
> SAM1
> sam1.local
> Workstation Yes         No   No
> SAM
> sam.local
> Routed (via HCL1)
> X2
> Local
>

> samba 4.7: wbinfo -m --verbose
>
> Domain Name     DNS
> Domain                                                       Trust
> Type Transitive  In   Out
> BUILTIN
> None        Yes         Yes  Yes
> X4
> None        Yes         Yes  Yes
> SAM1
> sam1.local
> None        Yes         Yes  Yes
> SAM
> sam.local
> Forest      Yes         Yes  Yes
>
> let me know the changes behind it and is there any options to change
> 4.9 trusted AD as like samba 4.7

Two things:
One, will you please stop posting the same questions to the Samba
mailing list and the Samba-technical mailing list. The latter is for
technical and development questions.

Secondly, have you tried reading the release notes for version 4.8.0 ?
see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.8_Features_added/changed#Changed_trusted_domains_listing_with_wbinfo_-m_--verbose

Rowland