[Samba] Effect of "winbind use default domain" on smb.conf

Fabian Fritz fabianfuture at web.de
Sun Dec 2 20:39:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am planning on setting the "winbind use default domain"-property, so
our Windows users can easily use their default accounts to login
(using Kerberos) to our Samba server, as we use it not only as a file
server.

I still have the syntax MYCOMPANY\user123 on the "valid users" list
for several shares though. Do I need to generally remove the
domain-part in the smb.conf whenever a user is specified or will that
still work?

Thanks,
Fabian