[Samba] gencache.tdb size and cache flush

Francesco Malvezzi francesco.malvezzi at unimore.it
Wed Aug 29 08:52:20 UTC 2018

> Hai,
>

> It might be handing to tell your OS and samba version.
> A copy of smb.conf is also very handy..

oops, sorry.

samba-4.8.5 compiled from source on Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch).

smb.conf is:

[global]
	netbios name = ADDC
	realm = EXAMPLE.ORG
	workgroup = EXAMPLEAD
	dns forwarder = [redacted]
	log level = 1
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
#	ldap debug level = 3
        interfaces = eth0, lo
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        tls enabled  = yes
        tls keyfile  = /opt/samba/private/tls/addc.key
        tls certfile = /etc/ssl/certs/addc.pem
        tls cafile   = /etc/ssl/certs/DigiCertCA.crt
	tls verify peer = ca_only
        ldap server require strong auth = allow_sasl_over_tls

	printcap name = /dev/null
   	load printers = no
   	printing = bsd

	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
	template shell = /bin/mosh
	template homedir = /homel/%U
	kerberos method = secrets and keytab

[netlogon]
	path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/unimore.it/scripts
        root preexec = /opt/netlogon/netlogon.sh %U %M %a %I
	read only = Yes

[sysvol]
	path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
	read only = No