[Samba] Dual headed DC

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:57:54 UTC 2018

If you want o do it with one DC (not recommended for redundancy), then
carry on.

Setup the DC as per normal. Ensure that it is listening on both interfaces,
and have your clients pointing to it for its DNS server. Assuming the DC is
at 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.1.2, both on a /24 subnet, you should have two
DHCP servers, and you should be able to hand out a specific DNS server to
clients.

Then, it will Just Work (TM). As long as that IP address is accessible. If
you want to expand it, or have room to grow, then you'd get multiple DCs
(remember, it can run as a VM too on cheap hardware), then you can start
using Sites and Subnets, which will assign certain subnets to certain DCs
(by default).