[Samba] error netbios aliases

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 15 08:54:04 UTC 2018

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:59:06 +0430

> valid users = Fred, james
> read list =
> write list = Fred, james
> path = /mnt/SAB-NAS/myFS/smbDir
> guest ok = no
> writable = yes
> create mask = 0777
> directory mask = 0777
>
> Thanks for the reply, one of my clients is connected to the PDC. Other
> clients are not connected to PDC.
> The clients that are not connected to the PDC communicate properly
> but when the client is related to the PDC,
> it takes a username and password to enter, and the other users are
> disconnected and can not be logged in.

OK, from what you have posted so far and after removing default
settings and combining the 'include' file, you seem to be using this
actual smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = Workgrou2
netbios name = mynet13 # or is it really hpds
security = user
netbios aliases = mynet13, Net23
server string = %h server
map to guest = Bad  User
dns proxy = no
max log size = 10000
load printers = no
wins support = yes
ntlm auth = no
interfaces = enp7s0f01,enp2s0f0
bind interfaces only = yes

include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.user1

[myNAS-smbDir]
valid users = Fred, james
write list = Fred, james
path = /mnt/SAB-NAS/myFS/smbDir
guest ok = no
writable = yes
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777

I say 'seem' because you still haven't posted the contents of
'smb.conf.user1'

It is definitely a smb.conf for a standalone server, it is not a
smb.conf for a Unix domain member and because you have 'guest ok = no'
in the 'myNAS-smbDIR' share, the only people who can connect to the
share are users that exist on the standalone server with the correct
password.

Because it is a standalone server, is it using the same workgroup name
as any other machine in the network ?

Rowland