[Samba] samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck -> Too many open files

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 30 07:02:19 UTC 2018

Argg.. I did hit the send key combination.  but here it is

This is handy to have.

The mappings of systemd limits to ulimit
Directive        ulimit equivalent     Unit
LimitCPU=        ulimit -t             Seconds
LimitFSIZE=      ulimit -f             Bytes
LimitDATA=       ulimit -d             Bytes
LimitSTACK=      ulimit -s             Bytes
LimitCORE=       ulimit -c             Bytes
LimitRSS=        ulimit -m             Bytes
LimitNOFILE=     ulimit -n             Number of File Descriptors
LimitAS=         ulimit -v             Bytes
LimitNPROC=      ulimit -u             Number of Processes
LimitMEMLOCK=    ulimit -l             Bytes
LimitLOCKS=      ulimit -x             Number of Locks
LimitSIGPENDING= ulimit -i             Number of Queued Signals
LimitMSGQUEUE=   ulimit -q             Bytes
LimitNICE=       ulimit -e             Nice Level
LimitRTPRIO=     ulimit -r             Realtime Priority
LimitRTTIME=     No equivalent

If a ulimit is set to 'unlimited' set it to 'infinity' in the systemd config
ulimit -c unlimited = LimitCORE=infinity
ulimit -v unlimited = LimitAS=infinity
ulimit -m unlimited = LimitRSS=infinity

Greetz,

Louis