[Samba] Are some Group Policies broken?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 25 07:31:53 UTC 2018

Hai Mark,

Yes, i know this problem.

Check the following.

I use samba with AD backend.
When i create a new users ( copy from other ), the user profile and homedir settings are copyied.
In form of \\QFDN\users\%username%

At the copy moment, the user folder is created. Now im setting UID/GIDs for the user, up2here its all working fine.
When i now login with this users, i have the same, no folder redirections.

When i remove the user folder, and reappy it again from RSAT, but now with the UID/GID set,
Redirections work fine.

If i create a new users, set this UID/GID first, and then set the profile/user folders it works fine.

Can you try if this works for you also?

Greetz,

Louis