[Samba] problems with samba shares

Hans Sachs Hans.Sachs at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Tue Sep 26 09:59:51 UTC 2017

Am 26.09.2017 um 11:17 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:44:48 +0200
> Hans Sachs via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> since last friday (2017-09-22) we have problems with samba shares
>> outside user home - at 2017-09-21 works all things fine - and no
>> changes at smb.conf or filesystem.
>>
>> Version: samba-3.6.23-45.el6_9.x86_64
>> Linux: Scientific Linux release 6.9 / 2.6.32-696.10.2.el6.x86_64
>>
>> Problem:
>> the users can open the samba share and see all files and directories
>> in topmost level, but he can change into a subfolder or better he get
>> non error message to open the subfolder, but he can see no content
>>
>> Hans
>>

> Samba 3.6.x is EOL as far as Samba is concerned, it went EOL over 2
> years ago.
>
> This shouldn't be causing your problems though and has you say nothing
> has changed on your Samba system, this sort of points to the other
> direction, has anything changed on the clients ? Did any updates
> happen ? If so, this may point in the right direction.
>
> Can you post the smb.conf from the Samba server.
>
> Rowland

Hello Rowland,

that's correct from last thursday to friday we made no modifikation on
smb.conf or at the rights of the filesystem - only automatic security
updates was active.

Before this time we have no problems.

this is ok:
\\fb09-pg-s400\clc01\18_Drought_Stress_Selection_Tools_Marie_Hohmann

but the access at the subfolder failed - Windows: no access

here smb.conf

# setsebool -P samba_export_all_rw on
# setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs on
# setsebool -P samba_domain_controller on

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================

[global]

# ----------------------- Network Related Options -------------------------
	workgroup = fb09-pg
	server string = CLCGenomicsServer
	netbios name = FB09-PG-S400
	interfaces = 127.0.0.1/8  134.176.X.X
    bind interfaces only = yes
    hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 134.176.

# --------------------------- Seperate Options -------------------------
        deadtime = 10
        time server = yes
        max protocol = SMB2

# --------------------------- Logging Options -----------------------------
	    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	    max log size = 50
        log level = 5

# ----------------------- Standalone Server Options ------------------------
	    security = user
        encrypt passwords =  yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        map to guest = never
        invalid users = root
        guest ok = no
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

# ----------------------- Browser Control Options
----------------------------
	local master = yes
	os level = 65
	preferred master = yes

#----------------------------- Name Resolution
-------------------------------
	wins support = no
	wins server = 134.176.X.X
	wins proxy = yes
	dns proxy = yes
    name resolve order = dns wins bcast lmhosts

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
## follow symlinks = yes
## wide links = yes