[Samba] NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS after removing a DC and WERR_BADFILE when trying to remove broken DC

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Thu Mar 30 10:03:08 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-30 11:54, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:

>>  – I noticed a typo in the server's `netbios name` setting, corrected
>> it, and restarted the DC
>
> Where did you change this, in smb.conf or /etc/hosts ??
> By default netbios name is adapted from the hostname.

I had derped up and manually set it in smb.conf to something different
from the hostname, then changed it back to the system hostname.

> If you changed the hostname you might have found the source of your problem.
>

>>  – Noticed I had problems with the LDAP SSL certificates for this node
>> and restarted it a few times while fixing that (paths, permissions, etc.)
> If you renamed the hostname, you probely need new ssl cert.

The SSL cert was for the hostname.

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
Mail/XMPP sven.schwedas at tao.at | Skype sven.schwedas
TAO Digital | Lendplatz 45 | A8020 Graz