[Samba] [Solved] Samba 4.4.4: ACLs not work property with recycle vfs object enable

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Mar 7 23:18:12 UTC 2017

Il giorno mar, 07/03/2017 alle 21.23 +0100, Dario Lesca via samba ha
scritto:
> Samba file server (Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER) joined to Win2008
> ADDC
>
> I have a strange problem with ACLs and "vfs object = recycle" enabled
>
> This is my share entry
>
> > [dati]
> >         comment = Cartella Dati x tutti
> >         path = /u/samba/dati/
> >         read only = no
> >
> >         Veto files = /*.pst/*.ost/
> >
> >         inherit acls = yes
> >         inherit permissions = yes
> >
> > ;       vfs objects = recycle
> > ;       recycle:repository = /u/samba/cestino/%U
> > ;       recycle:touch=yes
> > ;       recycle:maxsize=10000000
> > ;       recycle:keeptree = yes
> > ;       recycle:versions = yes
> > ;       recycle:exclude=*.TMP,*.tmp,*.temp,*.o,*.obj,~$*
>
> If I remove comment from recycle session directive, the acls of
> folder
> and files into share [dati] do not work property and Windows some
> time
> show a error message if I try change file and folder permission.
>
> If I remove the vfs object recycle session or comment the lines (like
> example above) all work fine.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> if you need more info let me know
>
> thanks in advance for your help

I have found this tread:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2014-May/181651.html

Then I have resolve my problem.

In [global] I had for all shares

    vfs objects = acl_xattr

And into share [dati] I had:

    vfs objects = recycle

This setting add recycle vfs object to this share, but also remove
acl_xattr from it!

The solution is set in share session both vfs object needed:

    vfs objects = acl_xattr recycle

So, with this setting, now all work fine.

Thank to all.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 25 Workstation)