[Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jun 30 07:41:30 UTC 2017

Am 2017-06-30 um 09:31 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> Did i already tell, i hate the "short cut" send button in the emails...
>
> So again..
>
> The Stretch packages are being prepared as we speak, but i just got some orders to do other things first.
> When my office work is done today, i'll start with the stretch packages. I hope i make them today.
> Its on my list also, i cant upgrade my office, im myself also in the need of stretch 4.6.5 packages.
>
> But if your in a hurry, what you can do, make a package for yourself.
> This is not the "cleaned" way, but this way you can at least test your setup.
>
> Install debian stretch.
> Setup the "jessie" line, but only the src, this one.
> echo "deb-src http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
>
> Now you can do 2 things.
> - add the testing source and recompile these packages.
> talloc tevent tdb ldb ( in this order. )
> Make them available through file apt, then recompile my samba 4.5.10.
>
> Or you can try, to get only my 4.5.10 sources.
> But use all other from stretch, that should work.
> If it does not, check the package version in debian/control and lower that tot the stretch version.
>
> Im keeping it sort, hurry up with my work, and hopehully i make it today.

Thanks a lot for your work and the instructions above.

I have an appointment to switch over a domain next friday, until then I
have time to test packages in my test environment and decide what to use
in real life there. I will upgrade my test VM to deb9 now (after a nice
snapshot), assuming this will give me issues as I used your packages
with jessie there (going to upstream samba-packages at first).

As you know from my dozens of emails this migration scares the s..t out
of me, but things look quite well in the test VM (deb8.8 plus your 4.6.x
pkgs) so I have to bite the bullet asap.

greets, Stefan