[Samba] Windows cant access shared directories after changed password with smbpasswd

Cesar Martins cesar.inacio.martins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 18:33:38 UTC 2017

> I think this may be the problem: server max protocol = SMB3_11
>
> I feel if you change this to 'server max protocol = NT1' it will most
> likely work, but you will probably not want to do this.
>
> You also posted this:
>
> Forcing Primary Group to 'Domain Users' for cinacio
>
> From this, it looks like your windows machines are part of an AD
> domain, so why not turn your Samba standalone server into a Unix domain
> member server. This way, authentication passes to your AD DC and the
> passwords are forced to be always in sync. It will also be easier to
> set ACLs on the fileserver, because you will be able to do this from
> Windows.
>
> See here for more info:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member

I tried set the protocol to NT1 before, without success...
I tried again, just for sure and no effect. (to solve the item 2 )

About include this Samba as part of AD , unfortunately this isn't possible
because I do not have admin rights here at the company and the Admins will
not allow add a Linux server into "they" AD , since this server is for
minor proposes....

Thank you !
Best Regards
Cesar