[Samba] Cache auth credentials on Samba domain member

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Thu Jun 1 15:09:08 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,
thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

The main problem is that, being an enterprise distro released in 2010,
CentOS 6 mainly provides samba 3.6.x, which can not be used as an AD DC.
To tell the truth, some samba 4.2.x packages were provided lately -
still they lacked AD DC capability. From "yum info samba4-dc.x86_64":

"Description : Placeholder package. Samba AD Domain Controller component
is not available."

Hence my interesting in native credential *caching*, rather than a
complete credential *store*

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan