[Samba] Samba With Shared Server Enable Trash

L A Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Wed Jan 11 02:28:52 UTC 2017

Rodrigo Cunha via samba wrote:
> Dears,
> i setting a samba with shared server in me enviroment but i do not knew
> enable
> trash for this.
> What setting i need for enable trash in me samba?

----
    I think you mean a "recycling bin" -- where deleted files go and
possibly can be retrieved by a sys-admin?

    I don't know of a per-user retrievable recycling bin, but that doesn't
mean it doesn't exist.  :-)

    I notice below that you have your recycling bin commented out
(disabled).  Maybe getting that to work is the key to what you
want?  (I'm going to have to experiment with some of the new
options in that vfs module)...documented on the vfs_recycle manpage.

-l