[Samba] Recycle Repository Issue

Selahattin Cilek selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:26:12 UTC 2017

I have done some searching on the Internet, but not been able to find a solution to my problem. I hope you can help me with this.

I have a server at home that runs on FreeBSD 10.3. The file system is ZFS. I have two ZFS pools: tank and fun. I share my ZFS file systems using Samba v4.6.2.

When I add recycle bin functionality for a share like below, it work like a charm:

[mac]
    path = /fun/mac
    user = scilek
    write list = scilek
    writeable = yes
    vfs objects = recycle
    recycle:repository = .recycle
    recycle:versions = Yes

But when I try to gather my recycled files in another folder, it does not work:

[mac]
    path = /fun/mac
    user = scilek
    write list = scilek
    writeable = yes
    vfs objects = recycle
    recycle:repository = /tank/recycle
    recycle:versions = Yes

There are no error messages or warnings either. Why does this happen? How can I solve this problem?

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>      Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>