[Samba] Blank printers names while browsing remote printers from windows

Olivier BILHAUT obilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Thu Aug 10 09:38:40 UTC 2017

Hi friends.

This morning waking up is painfull.

We've got a
great CUPS+Samba+Winbind print server sharing 30+ printers to our
windows clients.

Until this morning no issue, used on production for a
couple of weeks.

Today, the printer shares became unbrowsable from
windows. We can see the printers names from samba share :
"\printserver", but when we click on the "Show server printers" button
the list remain empty. The MMC show blank names as well for all printers
of ou server except one. (Tried to remove it unsuccessfully, trying to
remove another one, same result)

The command "smbclient -L 127.0.0.1
-N" show all printer names. On Cups, no issue.

Browsed unsuccessfully
the samba logs... Restarted everybody with no success.

For all clients
already connected to their printer, no particular issue, they still can
print. The problem affects only people looking for a new connection.

We use Samba 4.5.8 from Debian stable package. I join a screen shot
for anyone interested

Thanks for your help.

--

Olivier B.