[Samba] kerberos got crazy after ubuntu upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 23 11:50:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 13:37:25 +0200
Jakub Kulesza <jakkul+samba at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rowland, thanks for answering
>
> > You do not test a DC like that, did you actually join the Samba AD
> > DC with samba-tool ?
> >

> this was working before upgrade so I did not join AD DC using
> samba-tool again. If everything else fails I will do it, but:

No, I meant originally, do not run the join command again.

> # samba-tool domain info pdc
> Forest           : biuro.gpm-vindexus.pl
> Domain           : biuro.gpm-vindexus.pl
> Netbios domain   : GPMV
> DC name          : pdc.biuro.gpm-vindexus.pl
> DC netbios name  : PDC
> Server site      : Default-First-Site-Name
> Client site      : Default-First-Site-Name
>
> (pdc is the dns name of the server)

OK, but calling an AD DC 'PDC' is (in my opinion) a bad idea, but you
will now have to put up with it ;-)

A 'PDC' is a totally different thing from an 'AD DC' and as such, can
cause confusion.

You have also posted that you are running a kerberos server on your DC,
you should stop this, the AD DC is also running one.

Rowland