[Samba] Using ntlm_auth to get NTLMv2 Session support from an application

pisymbol . pisymbol at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:47:05 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> > Any insight, feedback into this issue would be much appreciated.
>
> The squid program does this. Maybe look into the code they
> use for their integration ?
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Ntlm

Jeremy, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking at.

So here's a better question: Can you give me a brief technical explanation
on how this exactly works with respect to establishing a session? The goal
is basically to have mount.davfs first establish an NTLMv2 session (using
128-bit encryption) and then be able to access files through it using
standard filesystem calls.

The config example above is nice, but it doesn't really drill into how this
all works.

Btw, full NTLMv2 Session Security is supported with samba3+ right?

-aps