[Samba] GPO administration right on the station for ordinary user

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Apr 3 15:21:59 UTC 2017

Hi Louis,

Am 03.04.2017 um 17:01 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> But thats missing info..  :-(
>
> Maybe its also a good thing to add just after the first picture on the wiki.
> That the security filter on the GPO MUST have "authenticated users" or Domain computer group.
> You decide.

thanks for bringing this up. I will verify this later.

I'm 85% sure, I never set a security filter on GPOs. On the other side,
it's more than 2 years ago that I wrote this doc and even longer that I
implemented restricted groups in a production AD. So it's possible that
I'm wrong. :-)

I looked at some other guides online that describe restricted groups,
but none (incl. the one you posted in this thread) tells about changing
the default filter settings.

Why do I need this filter and what happens if I don't set it?

Regards,
Marc