[Samba] samba Digest, Vol 172, Issue 2

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 2 18:04:33 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:39:22 +0200
Karl Heinz Wichmann <wichmann-karl at web.de> wrote:

> Hallo Rowland
>
> If this parameter not for the internal dns?
>
> Ok. I changed the parameter. The same problem.
>
> The test with the internal dns. It looks good.
>
> service sernet-samba-ad stop
> service bind9 stop
>
> change
> server services = -dns
> # server services = -dns
>
> samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL
>
> service sernet-samba-ad start
>
> netstat -tulpen | grep 53 (dns in running)
>

> I think i found the error.
>
> bind9 at debian 8.7 was default not compiled with "--with-dlopen=yes"
> only with '--with-gssapi=/usr'

No it isn't, but only because that option no longer exists ;-)
It is now built in, you cannot build Bind9 without dlopen.

I use Bind9 with Samba, I always have and I do not have and never have
had any problems at all (apart from the odd self-inflicted ones)

There is however probably one big difference between my setup and
yours, but we will get to that after you answer one more question:

Where do your clients get their ipaddresses from ?

Rowland