[Samba] Debian backport of 4.4.5

Henry Kwan hslkwan at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 28 16:44:02 UTC 2016

I tried the Louis Van Belle's Debian backport of Samba 4.4.5 and I observed one obscure behaviour.
I am running it on Debian 8.6.0.  I just run Samba as a NT4 PDC and do simple file sharing.  When my server is rebooted, my PCs cannot see the domain.  Everything seems fine when I checked the status of the Samba using "/etc/init.d/samba status".  However once I restart Samba (/etc/init.d/samba restart), then my domain becomes available and everything runs fine.
This behaviour was not observed when I run Samba 4.2.10 that comes with the distro.
I am a novice on both Linux and Samba so it may just be a simple thing that I missed.  Any comment is welcome.
Regards,
Henry Kwan