[Samba] Problem Samba 4.5

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Sep 17 23:17:59 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-09-17 at 23:26 +0300, barış tombul via samba wrote:
> I reported the problem two months ago . I knew this would happen .
> :((

I'm sorry for the frustration.  One of the hardest things about
debugging issues like this is that it is unpredictable which clue will
give us enough information to make progress.  In this case it
was Sander Plas who was able to get the gdb backtraces of the stuck
processes, and those have essentially isolated the problem.  (Our
inclination is that this is a tdb mutex deadlock).

Furthermore, it seems likely that this happens most often in
production, rather than in test, as the timing of connection shutdowns
would appear critical, so it didn't show up in 'make test'.

(We also don't currently have a check for stuck processes in the test
cleanup as we probably should)

As I said, I'm sorry for your frustration, and hope we will have a fix
to this shortly.

Andrew Bartlett